Advertisement [ ? ]
- Lease Calculator
- Advertise on 54,600+ pages
- Members' Chat
- Cars For Sale
- Car Dealers
- Honda "Fit" Manual
- Hyperflex Bushings
- For Sale
- Fix your Car
- Car Manuals
- other manuals
- Reference Materials
- DIY Repairs
- Link with Us
- Search Help
- Code your Mac!
- Fly, race, anything R/C
My Car Review - 2011 Honda Civic DX-VP
I have leased a brand new 2011 Honda Civic DX-VP on March 16 2011 for 24 months from local Honda dealer.
I will try my best in describing how this particular car performs, what it takes to maintain it by including statistics I have collected during the term of the lease - Maintenance Records.
- Miles per year: 12,000 with 15¢ per mile over the limit.
- Gross Capitalized Cost: $16,820
- Residual Value: $11,779.20
- Total Finance charge / Rent charge: $761.72
- Tax: $522.24
- Lease payments: 24
- Monthly Payments: $263.49 (including tax)
- Total Payments: $6,323.76 Check you lease here
Lease has no Disposition Fee - means no return fee upon returned of the vehicle.
It is "Closed-End Lease Agreement" - means that Leasing company is responsible for gains or loses in retail value of the car at the end of the lease if it is returned with 24,000 miles on it without excessive wear and tear.
First Impression of the car:
- Car is very basic by Today's standards. No sunroof, basic radio without steering wheel controls, no cruise control.
- Gearbox (5 speed automatic) is quite noisy. Engine noise is a bit higher than one would expect in a modern car.
- Car handles good enough but OEM tires (Dunlop SP Sport 5000) do not handle road the way I have expected.
Have plans on installing Yokohama AVID ENVigor 195/65R15 91H tires for the duration of the lease and return the original tires at the end.
- Basic steel rims with hub-cups.
- Winter tires: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 studded.
Total messages: 0