DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

CRX - Steering is squeaking and noisy

Forum -> Honda -> CRX

Steering is squeaking and noisy
by: Tim   on: Friday, January 12 2007 at 13:30:45 EDT

I have a 90 HF that I drive on rough roads 80 miles a night delivering papers. 2 weeks ago..
by: Tim   on: Saturday, January 13 2007 at 18:35 CDT

I took it to a shop, but since I woke up in the early afternoon I wans't able to get the car in tonight, so I am scheduled for Monday morning. I used my friend's car for my job last night after jacking mine up and spraying all of what I could see of the steering assembly and bushings with wd40, like I read in posts elsewhere. It didn't do any good last night, but it may have penetrated something because today it's not squeaking at all, even if I push on the front. It did just a tiny bit when getting out of the drive and around the corner at the end of the block. I drove about 35 miles on it today with no noises other than the rubbing/grinding that was there before the squeaking. Also, when I was inspecting everything last night I noticed a bunch of oil on my pan coming from the pulley side. I made sure the pan was tightened, and it was, so I am hoping it is just an oil pan gasket. I have a feeling it is the crank seal, but it was dark and cold and I couldn't see up there all that well. Anyways...still if anyone has ideas on what the squeaking might be, I'm open for opinions.

Forum -> Honda -> CRX