DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

CRX Si - Just got a crx shell where do i start???

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Si

Just got a crx shell where do i start???
by: melo112   on: Monday, January 18 2010 at 23:59:33 EDT

Hi guys i just got a 91 Rex and i can not wait to begin working on it the interior is mint..
by: D   on: Friday, January 22 2010 at 11:53 CDT

Whats goin on man i am new at it to i got a 89 crx si and im in the same boat as you.. I am bout to start on my engine first but idk what way to go about to without payin out the ass let me know if u figured out anything

by: howagon   on: Tuesday, February 16 2010 at 19:01 CDT

you should really start with the engine and trans. Fifur out what you want, GSR swap isnt bad for daily driver, but starting with that gets the biggest chunk of spending out of the way. Find a JDM engine retailer or local engine yard for the best deal and reliability. Suspension should be next, unless your painting and doing a bunch of mods to the body of course, then wait till the paint is on to put in the motor. good luck, just finished my '91 si rebuild, although i didnt bother with the body just yet, although theres not much rust.
by: Chris   on: Thursday, May 26 2011 at 14:17:03 CDT

I would do suspension/brakes and body(under side/engine bay) first. Gives you time to research engine/trans. Be thinking about over spray getting on your shiny new calipers and such. Tape it off or install it all after paint and worry about scratches insted

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Si