DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

CRX Si - 91 CRX Si runs then stops abrubtly, then wont start.

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Si

91 CRX Si runs then stops abrubtly, then wont start.
by: Jordan   on: Saturday, September 13 2008 at 15:24:22 EDT

My 91 crx is running but after warming up and running for a while the car drops in rpm's a..
by: Jordan   on: Wednesday, September 17 2008 at 23:08 CDT

I need mine for commuting too! I saved and took it into parker imports here where i live. they said its creating no spark and that they need to replace the distributor which they did without my permission. so $300 instead of $100 with me putting it in! super lame, but I am still finding out whether it will work after or not.
did you play around with your distributor before the problem happened?

by: David   on: Tuesday, September 23 2008 at 20:23 CDT

there are two possible remidies for the problem, number one if there is no fuel( i check by pulling the fuel line off the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail), along with no spark, then the problem is most likely your injector resistor(the grey box next to the brake booster). number two is your main relay, not as easy to get to but not too bad, it is located behind the hood release lever. both of these are sold on ebay and in junk yards pretty cheap. hope this helps, good luck!
by: Old Man   on: Thursday, November 13 2008 at 11:26 CDT

This is probably too late to help you but I recently had a similar problem on my 90 CRXsi. The distributer was the problem. After 183,000 miles the shaft bushings were worn and allowed the distributer rotor to wobble which affected the timing. I checked the fuel system,main relay,replaced the rotor and cap before determining that the distributor was worn.

Old Man

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Si