DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

CRX Hybrid - 89 HF B16a project

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Hybrid

89 HF B16a project
by: Sirexhf   on: Wednesday, August 27 2003 at 20:11:04 EDT

whats up, I am going to put a b16a in my 89 HF my question is should I do it my self and h..
by: Hfbstinger   on: Sunday, April 25 2004 at 08:57 CDT

I just got my 88 hf back from a very professional shop they have done 13 b16a swaps now counting mine. Hasport mounts is the only way to go. there your motor mounts for God's sake and they are the best. they just changed out my stock hubs to CRX SI hubs and used brand new integra half shafts (axles). Have had no problems, can burn tire off rim if so desired. I have a modified spoon sport ecu, 4400 rpm Vtec, with no rev limit, but have not installed it yet. Can be done yourself, but for me it was worth the money to have experts who have done it 12 times already to do mine. The car is way to fast. I am currently not going to drive it any more until brakes are upgraded. here is a site http://www53.ssldomain.com/fastbrakes/home/index.php
they have brake conversions for 88 CRX hf. drums to disc and larger rotors. I cant find any other Big name brake companies that make anything. like Rotora or Stop Tech. Let me know if you know anything about upgrading those little HF brakes so I can get this thing to stop. oh it was $3500 for everything, Engine, Axles, Hub conversion, Shift linkcage mod.,ecu, they used my HAsport mounts. By the way most B16's you buy have the wiring harness's all hacked up and damaged sensors. Just be aware I have one in my garage. If you are going to have a shop do it. You will definitely need to check out there previous work. Good Luck.

Forum -> Honda -> CRX Hybrid