DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

Accord - 1990 Honda Accord Starting Problems

Forum -> Honda -> Accord

1990 Honda Accord Starting Problems
by: Detailer   on: Wednesday, December 1 2004 at 21:01:59 EDT

Hello, I have a 1990 Honda Accord four door LX ..(122,462 mileage).. ( F-22 engine) (Autom..
by: Jae   on: Saturday, January 8 2005 at 23:01 CDT

Whats up. I have a 1990 Honda accord just like u and I have done basically everything u have done to your Honda as far as brand new distributor, fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs. I took the computer for a check up (ecu) and It�s perfect. The main relay works too. I placed my main relay on another Honda and the other one turned on. I�m breaking my head with this problem and I need to fix it already. i was trying to see if there was any reply�s to your message but no result. If u have fixed the problem can u please let me know what the problem finally was. I would appreciate it. Thanks.....

by: Armin   on: Tuesday, March 29 2005 at 17:45 CDT

You check the alternator? I had a problem where my 90 Accord's (140K) dials acted all crazy then died on me while driving. I switched mine out and no prob since.
by: Eric   on: Sunday, June 26 2005 at 00:41 CDT

Idon't know if you're still having your problem. i have a 91 accord ex with starting problems. it only happens once every couple of months though. can't figure it out. changed everything the both of you changed. still couldn't figure it out. then a friend of mine told me to take off the egr valve. it has this little pin in the bottom that connects to a diaphram and suction makes it go up and down. this button gets carbon build up and clogs. i had bought some special cleaner and cleaned it all out. worked fine after that. that was almost 8 months ago. it just started doing it again. the egr valve is electric. it could just be on the fritz. unfortunately they are pretty expensive for how small and pointless they are. other than that my car runs perfect. hope this helps.

Forum -> Honda -> Accord