DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

Prelude Si - 88 Lude Replace Tranny

Forum -> Honda -> Prelude Si

88 Lude Replace Tranny
by: Dave Kline   on: Wednesday, February 21 2007 at 12:14:18 EDT

I've got a 1988 5si Lude. The automatic transmission has been slipping going from first to..
by: Dave Kline   on: Monday, July 30 2007 at 08:44 CDT

I swapped out the transmission myself with a used transmission I bought for $300. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Then after I put everything back together and started it up I put it in reverse and I got a whining sound and the transmission wouldn't engage. There was a loud clunk when I put it back in Park. The transmission did engage when I put it in drive, and S3/S4 but not in 2. I think I may have put to much fluid in, would that have this effect on the transmission? What about the seleniod connectors, if I connected them backwards would this happen? I was to tired to mess with it anymore so I thought I'd see if anyone out here has any thoughts or suggestions. I was told that the tranny was working fine when it was removed it from the previous car. Is there anything that needs configured when swapping a tranny? Does anything need to be lined up a specific way? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

-Dave

Forum -> Honda -> Prelude Si