DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

Odyssey - 2001 Honda Odyssey Van

Forum -> Honda -> Odyssey

2001 Honda Odyssey Van
by: Christina   on: Saturday, June 16 2007 at 01:05:42 EDT

My TCS light and Engine Light are both on and over the mileage for the recall. What do I d..
by: Bobby   on: Saturday, June 16 2007 at 08:28 CDT

Wow. If you bought the van from a dealer, see if they will help out at all being that your husband is deployed. Army Community Services and your husband's unit's Family Readiness Group may be able to help you get a grant or loan for repairs. The TCS light being on shouldn't hurt anything; it's just the traction control system. Since you didn't mention WHY the check engine light is on, I can't really say how big a deal that is. If it's an oxygen sensor or something, those DO go bad, and with that high mileage it's considered a maintenance item; I'd go ahead & fix it. But if it's SEVERAL things..... I'd also recommend finding a good independent mechanic. They will save you some bucks and maybe let you finance the repairs over, say, 6 months. Even though your husband's in Iraq, you need to let him know what's happening via email so he can have input; then you won't get blamed for a poor decision. If it's a lot of BIG things wrong, I'd think about sending this van down the road and getting something else..next time, get a CARFAX report on any car you're looking at...it will list all the recalls that pertain. Good luck, God bless, and let me know if I can be of any help.
LTC Bob

Forum -> Honda -> Odyssey