DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

Civic Si - 02 civic si OILCHANGE & ETC. Plez ALL SI OWNERS HELP ME!

Forum -> Honda -> Civic Si

02 civic si OILCHANGE & ETC. Plez ALL SI OWNERS HELP ME!
by: Rachel   on: Wednesday, January 7 2004 at 22:42:29 EDT

Okay, it could be a simple question about maintenace but I'm very confused and don't know ..
by: Drew   on: Thursday, May 20 2004 at 15:00 CDT

The maintenance light comes on every 6000 miles. Depending on what kind of oil you use I would say change your oil every 3000 to 6000 miles. I used to work for Mobil and their engineers say their conventional oil is good for at least 6000 miles. Their synthetic oil, Mobil 1, is rated higher to at least 7500 miles. I tend to change the oil(conventional) on my si every 5000 miles...and I drive hard. 10000 miles is pushing it. Hope that helps.

by: Customcrxx   on: Tuesday, June 8 2004 at 02:44 CDT

to reset the light in the new si have the ignition on but dont start the car and hold in the trip meter switch for 10 seconds
by: Shawn   on: Thursday, August 5 2004 at 14:42 CDT

crx4x4 is right, I had this same problem with my Si. Although I think you have to push the trip button in and then turn the key (but not start the car) and hold for 10 seconds.
by: Damon   on: Wednesday, September 27 2006 at 18:05 CDT

You should change your oil every 3k miles. By the way all civics and probably all Honda's say you can go 10k miles between oil changes not just the si. Enjoy your ride.

Forum -> Honda -> Civic Si