DIY     OBD-II Codes     Fix your Car     Repair Manuals

Advertisement  [ ? ]

Site Links

Digg Twitter FaceBook

CRX - rear hatch leaks

Forum -> Honda -> CRX

rear hatch leaks
by: RC   on: Thursday, November 27 2008 at 05:11:00 EDT

i was wondering if anyone knew of a fix for the rear hatch leaking when it rains it leaks ..
by: Jon E   on: Tuesday, December 23 2008 at 12:39 CDT

Does anyone know that answer to this? I've be battling this vary same leak for the past 2 years. I can't find where the water is coming in at.

by: 91shavedsi   on: Tuesday, May 18 2010 at 14:37:16 CDT

There are drain spouts located inside the sunroof track (if you have a sunroof, this is where mine are) and there are 2 ways to do this. One way is to take an air nozzle from a compressor on low PSI and blow out the spout from top down. The other is to find your dump spout (located just in front/behind your rear corresponding tire) and unclog it with a coat hangar or some fairly stiff wire.

PROTIP: wear a mask, that shit stinks and its slimy. NOT something you want in your mouth.
by: Adrian   on: Monday, June 21 2010 at 12:44:07 CDT

I have the same problem on an 88 CRX HF! I used to think it was an aftermarket sunroof problem but after I added some padding to seal that up, the back kept getting flooded when it rained and almost messed up my speakers, luckly they worked again when dry.

But I've noticed mines on the left hatch thing, I was planning on installing new hatch levers since mine don't work either way. I'll update on whether or not that worked, but has anyone found a way to fix this?

Forum -> Honda -> CRX